Your Contract Highlights:
- Professional Education Allowance: $1,900 – 2,200 per year. $600 one-time reimbursement for cost of USMLE Step III, NBPME Part III, or COMLEX Level 3 exam. $550 one-time reimbursement for Dental Resident for Federal DEA Registration.
- Emergency Coverage Pay: For Medicine, $250/weeknight, $350/weekend day, $450 weekend/holiday overnight. For Family Medicine, $100/call to cover home call at Whidden. If required to come into hospital, Medicine rates apply. For Podiatry, $50/hour if called to serve as 1st assist in OR for non-foot/ankle surgery.
- Taxi vouchers: Provided to all House Officers who are required for any training or service purpose to travel between the hospital and the required offsite location, if inaccessible by CHA Shuttle.
- On Call Meals: House officers are provided with a refrigerator stocked with food of their choice in the on-call room of Cambridge Hospital for on-call dinners and breakfasts.
- Parents in a Pinch: CHA pays the annual fee for House Officers to utilize Parents in a Pinch, a backup in-home childcare service. House officers pay only the hourly provider rate.
- Patient care fund of $45,000 per year
The House Staff Benefits Plan (HSBP) provides Cambridge House Officers with fully employer paid optical benefits, short- and long-term disability, as well as dental insurance. For claim forms and more information on your medical benefits, visit our Cambridge Health Alliance Benefits page. To request Patient Care Funds, fill out this form.
Cambridge residents are on Facebook! Join the conversation at CIR Boston.
Your Elected CIR Representatives:
- Regional Vice President: Dr. Hannah Watson
- Delegates: Dr. Alicia Angoli, Dr. Kate Peterson, Dr. Greta Spottswood, Dr. Lello Tesema
771 Albany Street, Room G-539
Boston, MA 02118
p | 617-414-5301