When does the PEB benefit take effect?
- The benefit takes effect 1/1/19
Why do we need our Member ID #?
- Member ID are used as another way to make sure your name aligns with the Member ID#
- Member ID # can be found on the Davis Vision card
How much do we get reimbursed?
- Any purchase made between 7/1/18-6/30/19 will have a maximum reimbursable amount of $500
- Effective 7/1/19-6/30/20, the benefit will increase to $1000.
What is the deadline to submit for reimbursement?
- All claims must be submitted to the Benefit Office electronically within one (1) year from the date of purchase or payment.
How long does it take to get reimbursed?
- It typically takes 2 to 4 weeks to get reimbursed. However, since this is a new benefit it may take a little while longer due to programming and testing phase.
What is reimbursable?
You may receive reimbursement for only one of any identical items per Plan Year.
- Audio & videos tapes, DVD’s, CD’s, MP3’s
- Board Exam Fees
- Books and eBooks
- You may receive reimbursement for more than one book only if each book has a different title.
- Conferences or online courses
- Dues & Journals for Medical Specialty Societies
- Equipment (Just to name a few)
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- Pen Light
- Pulse Oximeter
- Surgical Loupes
- Surgical Shoes (clogs)
- License Application and Examination Fees
- Software or electronic medical apps
- Mobile Electronic Medical Devices
MOBILE ELECTRONIC MEDICAL DEVICES
The maximum reimbursement for one MEMD per Plan Year is limited to 75% of the total device cost up to the maximum amount of the benefit. Only one device per Plan year is allowed.
- A PGY 1 resident purchases a $1,000 laptop and $500 in medical books on March 10, 2019
- The resident will only be reimbursed a maximum of $500 maximum for that Plan Year up to June 30, 2019
- MEMD costs will not be reimbursed if purchased in the last 6 months of your residency.
What steps do I have to do to get reimbursed from the PEB?
- Step 1 – Must be on payroll at the time you purchase the eligible items
- Step 2 – Go to cir website “www.cirseiu.org”
- Step 3 – Click on “Members”
- Find Your Hospital drop down to LAC + USC, Harbor-UCLA, Martin Luther King Jr., or etc click “go”
- Los Angeles County Benefits page
- Under “Benefits Claim Forms” click on PEB
- Step 4 – Must have a valid email address and your member ID# to submit for reimbursement
If I need assistance who can I call?
- Contact the Benefits Office in New York, (212) 356-8180
- Monday – Friday from 9am – 5 pm EST. (3 hours ahead)
- Submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org