Title: Project Staff
The Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR) is the largest housestaff union in the United States. We are a local of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), representing over 24,000 resident physicians who are dedicated to improving residency training and education, advancing patient care, and expanding healthcare access for our communities. CIR’s mission is to empower our nation’s interns, residents and fellows to fight for excellence for our patients.
The Committee of Interns and Residents is looking to hire a Project Staff person to assist in union-wide projects and provide chapter support in Southern California and a hospital in Northern California. CIR is committed to fully engaging our physician-members on hospital worksite and CIR issues. To accomplish this, we need a highly driven and committed individual who has strong interpersonal and communication skills and can effectively solve problems.
The Project Staff person will report to the UC Area Director. This is a temporary, six-month position, with the possibility of an extension depending on the organization’s needs.
- Provide worksite organizing support to chapters in Southern California and a hospital in Northern California
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively communicate with all departments and regions
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple departments to move national goals and priorities
- Must have excellent follow-up skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a face-paced organization with tight deadlines
- Desire and commitment to advance the organization and a passion for the work and the membership
- Ability to think strategically, communicate ideas/thoughts and exercise a high level of judgment
- Energetic self-starter who can prioritize and coordinate the work
- Demonstrate respectful and responsible behavior
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and can demonstrate a strong ability to work cross-functionally
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Flexible working outside normal business hours, ability to work in the evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel out of state as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel); Google products such as Gmail and Google Drive (docs & sheets)
- Knowledge of VAN, a plus
Minimum of 2 to 6 years of experience:
- Competitive salary ($69,108-87,721) commensurate with experience and in compliance with the staff collective bargaining agreement
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that explains your reason for working at CIR and how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Project Staff, Southern California.
CIR is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com