The Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR) is the largest house staff union in the United States. We are a local of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), representing over 17,000 resident physicians who are dedicated to improving residency training and education, advancing patient care, and expanding healthcare access for our communities. CIR’s mission is to empower our nation’s interns, residents and fellows to fight for excellence for our patients.
The New Organizing Data Coordinator will work with the New Organizing team and the Data Systems Operations Director to capture, record, and properly transfer records collected during new organizing campaigns to CIR’s database system. Position will be responsible for the overall collection, recording, and organization of information during new organizing campaigns. Position
will also be responsible for analyzing information collected with the goal of providing data insight to ongoing campaigns.
● Work to create data flow processes within spreadsheets and other software to aid in the collection of information during new organizing campaigns
● Organize sources of information, including but not limited to, printed and electronic hospital lists, contact information in messages, website information, and other types of information into a single source.
● Maintain the records for new organizing targets in the database – making sure that assessments, notes, and other data are accurate.
● Produce reports from systems and software to help the new organizing team gain insight from assessment counts, card status counts, etc.
● Produce reports from CIR’s main database system to aid new organizing in developing connections between potential members and current members.
● Work meticulously to collect, organize, record, and transfer membership cards and information from new organizing to data operations.
● Imports and exports files between formats and programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, delimited text files, and a variety of file formats including utilizing e-mail and web based applications.
● Summarize reports for upper management in verbal or written format. Requirements and Skills:
● Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical conclusions.
● Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
● Ability to exercise sound judgment in politically sensitive situations.
● Ability to train users to operate database systems.
● Demonstrated experience in managing large amounts of data, importing and exporting data, implementing security systems and procedures, writing and training users to use technology.
● Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft software, installing hardware and software,
monitoring equipment and software and making recommendations to solve problems.
● Knowledge of the labor organizing methods preferred.
● Must be able to act and organize time with independence.
● Must be able to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
● Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with bachelor’s degree in data management and one to two years relevant experience in data management on a complex campaign, including experience in administering a CRM database.
● One to two years’ experience with SQL queries, preferred.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, database design, importing and exporting files between formats and programs including utilizing e-mail and web based applications.
● Minimum of 2 years of experience
● Competitive salary commensurate with experience and in compliance with the staff collective bargaining agreement
● Excellent benefits package: no monthly premiums health, dental, vision, mileage reimbursement, disability, 401(k), pension plan, and paid sick/vacation time (calculated at (one) 1 sick day per month/ one and one-quarter (1.25) vacation day per month).
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that explains your reason to work at CIR and how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: New Organizing Data Coordinator
CIR is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected category recognized by state,
federal or local laws.