Boston Medical Center
Benefits & Forms
For purposes of our disability benefits, “disabled” means you can no longer perform the duties of your occupation due to accidental bodily injury, sickness, or a related medical condition, including pregnancy or childbirth. You must also be under the care of a licensed provider as defined by the state in which you work.
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Benefits Claim Form
- Coverage begins on the eighth (8th) day of your disability. The maximum benefit payable is 60% of your weekly salary, up to $692 per week, for up to 26 weeks. See the Summary Plan Description (SPD) for more details.
- If you are going out on a disability leave, contact your employer as soon as possible.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits Claim Form
- The LTD plan pays you 60% of your monthly salary, up to a maximum of $3,500 per month. LTD benefits typically start if you are still disabled after 26 continuous weeks. For detailed information on Long-Term Disability see the Guardian Certificate.
- When you terminate employment, you will have the option to convert this benefit to an individual policy, subject to certain conditions.
- INSMED Portable Disability Coverage – Policies offered to you without any medical underwriting requirements or exams.
- Library Funds Request
- QI Training & Education Application Form
- QI Training & Education Reimbursement Form (For those who have been previously approved for this benefit)
- QI Grant (The CIR House Staff Quality Council at BMC has secured $25,000 per year from BMC’s Captive Insurer as a dedicated stream of funding for house staff led QI/PS projects at BMC. Grants are available in any amount, determined by the applicant’s proposed budget.)
The WorkLife Matters Employee Assistance Program offers services to help promote well-being and enhance the quality of life for you and your family. View details.
Connect to a counselor for free support services: 1-800-386-7055 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Visit ibhworklife.com and login to “For Employees & Members” (password: wlm70101).
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE BMC PCF ARE NOW CLOSED.
The CIR House Staff Patient Care Fund (PCF) Committee at BMC has secured $35,000 per year through the CIR/BMC contract as a stream of funding dedicated to address ing patient care. The fund accepts grant applications for materials, resources and/or services to improve patient care at BMC as well as for house-staff led initiatives to address key social determinants of health issues facing our patients.
Regional Vice Presidents & Delegates
Regional Vice President
Andrew Hyatt, Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital
Rohit Abraham, Family Medicine/Psychiatry
Maanasa Bandla, Psychiatry
Carolina Blotte, Anesthesiology
Alan Chan, Internal Medicine
Thomas Ford, Neurology
Chad Hinkle, Internal Medicine
Briana Perry, OB/GYN
Larissa Wenren, Pediatrics
Charles Tandler, Radiology (Alternate)
Spencer Wilson, Surgery (Alternate)
Questions about your contract? Contact: Liliana Gutmann-McKenzie | LGutmann@cirseiu.org | (857) 408-3701