The incredible benefits you have are a result of your colleagues working together to ensure that resident physicians can provide the highest quality care possible and improve their working conditions.
Join CIR now. We’re stronger together.
Additional Benefits, including Patient Care Trust Fund.
- Educational allowance: Up to $900 reimbursed/year
- Backup Childcare Benefit (CARE.COM)
- Extra On-Call Pay: $100-$400/shift
- Lease Guarantee Program
Questions about your contract?
Contact: Liliana Gutmann-McKenzie
LGutmann@cirseiu.org | (857) 408-3701
+ Mental Health Resources
- Mass.gov: Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Emergency Crisis Line: (877) 382-1609
- Mass.gov: Mental Health Services for COVID-19
Membership Form & Update Form
For purposes of our disability benefits, “disabled” means you can no longer perform the duties of your occupation due to accidental bodily injury, sickness, or a related medical condition, including pregnancy or childbirth. You must also be under the care of a licensed provider as defined by the state in which you work.
2021 Massachusetts Paid Family And Medical Leave (MPFML) – Visit mass.gov/PFML for more information.
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Benefits Claim Form
- Coverage begins on the eighth (8th) day of your disability. The maximum benefit payable is 60% of your weekly salary, up to $692 per week, for up to 26 weeks. See the Summary Plan Description (SPD) for more details.
- If you are going out on a disability leave, contact your employer as soon as possible.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits Claim Form
- The LTD plan pays you 60% of your monthly salary, up to a maximum of $3,500 per month. LTD benefits typically start if you are still disabled after 26 continuous weeks. For detailed information on Long-Term Disability see the Guardian Certificate.
- When you terminate employment, you will have the option to convert this benefit to an individual policy, subject to certain conditions.
- INSMED Portable Disability Coverage – Policies offered to you without any medical underwriting requirements or exams.
- Library Funds Request
- QI Training & Education Application Form
- QI Training & Education Reimbursement Form (For those who have been previously approved for this benefit)
- QI Grant (The CIR House Staff Quality Council at BMC has secured $25,000 per year from BMC’s Captive Insurer as a dedicated stream of funding for house staff led QI/PS projects at BMC. Grants are available in any amount, determined by the applicant’s proposed budget.)
Backup Childcare Benefit (CARE.COM)
+ Employee Assistance Program
The WorkLife Matters Employee Assistance Program offers services to help promote well-being and enhance the quality of life for you and your family. View details.
Connect to a counselor for free support services: 1-800-386-7055 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Visit ibhworklife.com and login to “For Employees & Members” (password: wlm70101).
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Vice Presidents:
- Taylor Walker, Family Medicine,
Cambridge Health Alliance
- Armide Storey, OBGYN
- Chevaughn Wellington, Psychiatry
- Jessica Kabrt, Psychiatry
- James Blum, Emergency Medicine
- Chad Hinkle, Internal Medicine
- Brett Lewis, Family Medicine & Psychiatry
- Cayla Vila, Neurology
- Sarah Meyers, Pediatrics
- Spencer Wilson, Surgery
- Anna Sutherland, Dermatology
$25,000 for QI/Patient safety projects
$10,000/year for shared educational materials
QI Conference Scholarships
Patient Care Fund
The CIR House Staff Patient Care Fund (PCF) Committee at BMC has secured $35,000 per year through the CIR/BMC contract as a stream of funding dedicated to address ing patient care. The fund accepts grant applications for materials, resources and/or services to improve patient care at BMC as well as for house-staff led initiatives to address key social determinants of health issues facing our patients. Applications now closed.
Member Discount Program
CIR Members are entitled to a number of discounts on services. Learn more.
Attention: In compliance with HIPAA regulations, we are moving to a new, secure email portal. Please use email@example.com to send secure emails to the Benefits Office.