CIR-JHS Housestaff Involvement Fund Reimbursements – Jackson residents and fellows are eligible for various reimbursements through the CIR-JHS Housestaff Involvement Fund, including for specialty conferences/courses/rotations, quality improvement and patient safety conferences/courses, quality improvement projects, and outside departmental speakers. Click here for more information on what is covered and to apply today!
We work to ensure that the well-being of residents and fellows at our hospital include receiving high quality training in an adequate work environment. We believe that residents deserve the highest possible standards in order to give the best possible care to patients. Together, we’ve negotiated and won:
- 1% raise on 10/1/19
- $580 increase in the Chief Resident Stipend (from $2,320 to $2,900)
- $700 bonus for Chief Residents that attend JHS committee meetings
- $500 increase in professional allowance(from $1,500 to $2,000)
- 25% employee discount in cafeteria
- Fridge with free food for HSO working overnight
- Emergency Pay of $450 per day at ANY hospital during JHS Emergency Period
- Step 3 reimbursement
- Reimbursement for ACLS, BCLS, PALS & ATLS for new hires
- Non-physician work addressed (committee to be formed; two staff already hired in high volume clinics)
- Boards, medical & DEA license reimbursement if HSO stay on as a JHS attending for 1 year
- Years of service as HSO counted toward pension vesting if HSO stay on as a JHS attending for 1 year & ability to buy-back pension contributions
What do we do?
We advocate on a local and national level for resident needs. As CIR membership grows, so does our collective voice. A contract is important – but it has to be enforced! Our status as union members allows us to truly partner with our hospital administrators. We have regular labor-management meetings with GME and Labor Relations to bring problems to their attention and we keep pushing until we get results.
We’re the highest paid public teaching hospital in Florida.The amazing benefits we have are a direct result of members joining CIR. Having representation and over 15,000 residents across the country gives us credibility locally and nationally, but our benefits are not guaranteed. What we’ve worked so hard to achieve can be taken away if we lose strength and membership.
Policies and Forms
This policy outlines the eligibility requirements for each leave, describes whether the leave is paid or unpaid, explains benefits during the leave or the significance of the leave with regard to benefits,responsibilities of Jackson Health System, rights and responsibilities of the employee, the responsibilities of his/her manager, and policies about working while on a leave of absence.
1. In the past, residents/fellows have worked with their chiefs and Residency Coordinators to use their remaining sick and vacation time toward maternity/paternity leave. There is no official “maternity/paternity leave” defined in the contract (or for any other Miami-Dade County employees). If you wish to take more time than your vacation and sick time accrued allow, please follow the directions below to apply for FMLA (unpaid leave).
2. Employees must apply for a Leave of Absence at least 30 days before the leave
commences. If 30 day advance application is not practicable, the employee must begin the application process as soon he or she is aware of the need to take time off from work.
FMLA, Domestic Violence, and any Medical Leaves of Absence must be requested by contacting Jackson’s absence reporting system at 1-877-562-8677. Approval must be obtained before the leave commences, whenever possible. Only employees who have worked for Jackson for over one-year are eligible for FMLA.
Effective October 1, 2018, all residents and fellows must participate in an annual wellness visit and provide proof of their visit to avoid health insurance penalties. Have your Primary Care Physician fill out the Annual Wellness Visit Form during your wellness visit between 10/1/2018 and 9/30/2019. You can submit your form by uploading it in Lawson ESS (once you sign in, the click to My Personal Information, then Annual Wellness Visit and Upload the completed document). After the documentation is uploaded, you will receive a receipt and approval automatically upon review.
For assistance making an annual wellness visit appointment, employees on Jackson First or Jackson Select health plans can utilize the Jackson Concierge service. These outpatient coordinators can help facilitate your primary care appointment; contact them at (305) 585-2727 or by emailing JacksonFirstConcierge@jhsmiami.org. This REGISTRATION FORM is required to coordinate appointments for you.
All JHS employees are eligible for emergency treatment when needlestick exposures occur. When exposures occur, you have to report it to the JHS Emergency Department (ED) for treatment and counseling. You’ll then go to the Employee Health Services (EHS) clinic for a follow-up located in Jackson Medical Towers, Suite 106W. You must bring the completed Supervisor Referral Form to both the ED and EHS. Exposures are all reported to Supervisor’s Injury on Duty Report, and they’re kept on the nursing units. No matter what location the exposure happens at you MUST report to Jackson ED.
The Employee Health Services (EHS) located at Jackson Medical Towers, Suite 106W must provide first aid/urgent care to all JHS employees who’ve become ill, injured and/or exposed to health hazards while on duty. Your supervisor will fill out a referral form to go to EHS. On the off days for EHS you’ll be directed to go to the Emergency Department (ED) with the same completed form if this occurs you must still follow up with EHS on their next business day. Your supervisor must report all incidents/accidents that occur through Quantros reports.
Jackson Health System – Resources For Living is an employer sponsored program, available at no cost to you and all members of your household. That includes dependent children up to age 26, whether or not they live at home. Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can call our dedicated staff, 24 hours a day; you can also talk to licensed behavioral health professionals for emotional support
- Up to 3 counseling sessions per issue per year with licensed network professionals at no cost to you; you don’t have to worry about copays or deductibles
- Counseling sessions are available face to face, by phone or televideo
- Support, consultation and resources for a range of issues such as: helping you balance work and home life, family relationship issues, depression, conflict management, alcohol/substance abuse, stress management and more
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
Dr. Lily Ostrer
Jackson Memorial Hospital
Hassan Iqbal, Anesthesia
Stephanie Lee, Medicine-Pediatrics
Ian Magruder, Internal Medicine
Jessica Moore, Ob/Gyn
Subhashree Nayak, Medicine-Pediatrics
Drew Richardson, Radiology
Rebecca Saberi, General Surgery
Harsh Shah, Orthopedic
Tobenna Ubu, Medicine-Pediatrics
Aasith Villavicencio, Internal Medicine
Eric Walker, Family Medicine
Luccie Wo, Plastic Surgery
Mejd Jumaily, Anesthesia (Alternate)
Oswald Perkins, Emergency Medicine (Alternate)
ANE: Jason Lefkof, Austin McCarthy, Anthony Okafor, Carmen Manresa
DERM: Marina Li
EM: John Coombs, Michael Osinski, Sonya Rashid,
ENT: Stefania Goncalves, Carlos Green
FM: Pollyana Sanchez, Naima Stennett, Tor Jarrett, Olorunleke Oni
IM: Sunil Iyer, Shanique Wilson, Afe Alexis, Thomas Plate, Nidah Khakoo, Gabriela Aitchenson, Stephanie Ioannou
MED-PEDS: Anjali Chandra, Lily Oster, Vanessa Henri, Reese Cargoli, Tobenna Ubu
NEURO: Stacey Williamson, Joshua Lukas,, Franklyn Rocha, Hsienlee Lau
NSU: Angela Richardson
OB-GYN: Angelica Knickerbocker
OMFS: Molie Xu
ORTHO: Harsh Shah
PATH: Khaleed Algashaamy
PEDS: Shanique Sterling,
PEDS Fellows: Brandon Chatani
PM&R: Marty Weaver, Myriam Lacerte
PSYCH: Maria Hadjikyriakou, Lisa Olivari
CHILD PSYCH: Sarah Denaud, Nicole Derish
RAD: Kush Shah, Ryan Mcclintock, Elvira Allakhverdiev
RAD/ONC: Ben Farnia, David Asher
SUR: Olivia D’angelo
SUR Fellows: Matthew Chatoor
URO: Jonathan Katz, Justin Dubin
Questions about your contract? Contact: Zaynab Ergasheva | email@example.com | (239) 247-0971