Title: New Mexico Worksite Organizer
The Committee of Interns and Residents (CIR) is the largest house staff union in the United States. We are a local of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), representing over 24,000 resident physicians dedicated to improving residency training and education, advancing patient care, and expanding healthcare access for our communities. CIR’s mission is to empower our nation’s interns, residents, and fellows to fight for excellence for our patients.
The Committee of Interns and Residents is looking to fill an Organizer position for Albuquerque, New Mexico. CIR is committed to fully engaging our physician-members on hospital worksite and CIR issues. To accomplish this, we need a highly driven and committed individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can effectively solve problems. Organizers are responsible for building a strong CIR presence in the hospital worksite, developing member leaders, negotiating and enforcing the collective bargaining agreement, and developing strategic relationships within the hospital and the community.
What you gain from a position with CIR:
- Hands-on experience enforcing a collective bargaining agreement for physicians, with the opportunity to develop and implement new ways of engaging physicians in their worksites
- Opportunity to work directly with physicians-in-training, gaining an understanding of front-line providers in the hospital setting
- Opportunity to address issues related to access to affordable quality healthcare
- Opportunity to develop skills in contract negotiations, health care economics, and political advocacy.
Minimum of 2-6 years of experience
- Competitive salary ($69,108-$87,721) commensurate with experience and in compliance with the staff collective bargaining agreement
- Excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision coverage with no employee contributions; generous paid leave time including four weeks’ vacation within the first calendar year of employment, paid holidays, personal days, sick days; short and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); defined benefit pension plan; and mileage reimbursement.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- Previous union or other organizing (political/community) experience preferred
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage conflict and adversarial situations
- Ability to work independently with a strong independent work ethic
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Flexible working outside normal business hours, ability to work in the evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be technologically savvy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Proficiency with Google products such as Gmail and Google Drive (docs & sheets)
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter that explains your reason for working at CIR and how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: New Mexico Worksite Organizer Position.
CIR is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com