Why did I get Tax Form 1095-B?
The Affordable Care Act requires us to send this to everyone who had Voluntary Hospitals House Staff Benefits Plan medical coverage with Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield in 2019.
Does this form change my coverage?
You still have the same coverage. The Tax Form 1095-B form gives you the information you need to prove you had medical coverage in 2019.
What do I need to do with the tax form?
- Be sure to keep this tax form with your tax records.
- You don’t have to give it to the IRS when you file taxes.
- But be sure to check the box that asks if you’ve had health insurance in 2019 on the 1040 Individual Tax Return.
- There are instructions with the 1040 tax form that tells you more or you can talk to your accountant or tax preparer (a professional who helps file taxes).
Is this the tax form I file?
No your W-2 will come from your employer.
Do I mail the 1095-B tax form with my other tax form(s)?
No, you do not need to mail it in with your tax return. Keep this form for your records.
I already filed my federal tax return before I received the 1095-B tax form.
- The 1095-B tax form is for your records.
- Talk with a tax preparer, accountant, or other tax professional to see if there’s anything you need to do for your 2019 taxes. Or go to www.IRS.gov/aca.
I lost my form. How do I get another one?
Contact the benefits office by phone (212) 356-8180 or via email at email@example.com and we will mail another form to you.
How is this form different than a W-2?
- A W-2 is a form that an employer must send to an employee and the IRS at the end of the year.
- The W-2 form reports an employee’s annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from his or her paycheck.
Looking For More Information about Tax Form 1095-B
If you have more questions about Tax Form 1095-B, filing taxes, tax penalties, etc. contact a tax preparer, accountant, or other professional that helps with filing taxes. Information can also be found at www.IRS.gov/aca.