We’re a little over seven months into the year, and it’s been a big one already – new organizing campaigns, exciting program initiatives, the climax of several contract negotiations, an amazing National Convention… we’ve done a lot so far in 2015:
- On January 16, residents at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C. voted to join CIR
- On January 30, residents at St. Mary Medical Center in Long Beach, CA voted to join CIR
- On April 15, CIR members at Rutgers-NJMS ratified their new contract, bringing wage increases of 8.5% over the next four years, a book allowance of $500, reduced parking rates, Orientation pay of $600, and lots more.
- On June 6, residents at St. Mary’s Medical Center in San Francisco, CA voted to join CIR
- On June 11, CIR members at Elmhurst Hospital ratified their first contract after some tough negotiations. Among other things, the contract wins include salary increases of 10% over the next three years, ratification bonuses, an annual $450 book allowance, and access to QI scholarships.
- On June 13, residents at Palisades Medical Center in North Bergen, NJ voted to join CIR
- On July 10, University of New Mexico members ratified their new contract, earning them a 2.5% wage increase starting this coming January, increased vacation flexibility in vacation, confirmation of the Patient Care Fund of $90,000 bi-annually, and more.
- On July 29, St. May Medical Center (Long Beach) residents voted to ratify their first CIR contract just six months after voting to join the union. Their contract brings a number of key gains, including $500 bonuses for PGY1s and PGY2s, expanded criteria for tuition reimbursement use, and increased vacation time.