On May, 3 2017, the CIR bargaining committee and Westchester Medical Center reached agreement on a new
collective bargaining agreement covering April 1, 2010 through September 30, 2021.
- $500 bonus for housestaff hired after 6/1/16
- $1,500 bonus for housestaff hired before 6/1/16
- $4,000 increase for PGY1s and 2% increase for all others in 2018
- 2% increases per year for all residents in 2019 and 2020
- Current PGY 4-8 will be grandfathered and will not be required to change plans.
- On January 1, 2018, current PGY 1-3 will be enrolled in the WMC Health Plan and pay a discounted premium of $25/month (single) and $25/month for addition dependents (not to exceed $100/month).
- On July 1, 2017, incoming housestaff will pay a discounted premium of $40/month (single) and $40/month for addition dependents (not to exceed $160/month).
- Within 30 days of ratification, current house staff may elect to enroll in the WMC Health Plan.
- Dental and Vision coverage will continue to be under CIR’s House Staff Benefits Plan.
Housing Committee: A committee will be formed consisting of 3 housestaff and 3 WMC representatives to address housing issues. Changes will only take effect with majority agreement.
Holidays: Holidays will now be on the date WMC observes the holiday. Election Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Columbus Day, and Veterans’ Day will be converted to 4 personal days to be scheduled anytime throughout the year. Alternate days off will be offered for any holiday worked. If alternate days and personal days cannot be scheduled, then house staff will be paid a day’s pay by the end of June.
Meals: Increase allowance to $650/year. Meals can be purchased at Au Bon Pain or the cafeteria. By January 1, 2019, meals will be purchased using identification badges.